Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Ultimate Rebel

HELLO!

It's been a while. Excuse my major case of writer's block, I just couldn't help it (Psst, Evie, I haven't forgotten about the bucket list tag! Sorry for being slow, haha)...  Anyway, I just stumbled into this awfully awesomely stirring rap song by Lecrea; Rebellion Intro. The song speaks for itself, really, so let me write to you a few phrases from the lyrics:


"Jesus was a rebel, a renegade, outlaw
A sanctified troublemaker but He never sinned, naw
And He lived His life by a different set of Rules
The culture ain't approve
So you know they had they had to bruise em
That's the way they do"

"...Everyone's done that,
It's so tiring,
If you really wanna be a rebel,
Read your bible,
Because no one's doing that,
That's rebellion,
That's the only rebellion left"

When I heard this verse, my eyes (almost) popped out of my head. I couldn't have said it better myself at all, Lecrea totally re-defined being a REBEL. 

Of course, the lyrics bear some heavy matters that countless of people, Christian or not, deal with. For some temptation might be the tendency to speak harshly, and for others, it might the craving for drugs, alcohol, or everything else. We can't deny it, it happens, even to "good" people. That's why Jesus came, because our temptations were so big and overwhelming that we couldn't solve them ourselves. If God can't fix our baddest habits or addictions (be it anything), what can He fix?? We can't ever forget that Jesus came for the sick, the dying, the tempted, and not for the healthy people who thought their issues weren't as big as the ones of the sick.

Mark 2:17 "On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

I simply love songs that stir a new hope in my heart, and that makes me see a new point of view... I hope that it shook you up as much as it did for me, and that it will help you see that even if we, little humans, can't quite grasp the intensity of other's sins and God's endless grace and love, we can trust Him with all that we have and be a secure anchor for anybody that needs our support, love, and help when going through a tough time.

In love from your sister,

5 comments:

  1. Great Post! Take your time with the tag, I have an exchange student with me at present so am very busy too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evie! Wow, you have an exchange student visiting? That's awesome! I hope that it's proving itself a lot of fun for the both of you! :D

      Delete
    2. It's ok! :-), Yes it is awesome! she is from Japan!! :D

      Delete
  2. THIS IS AWESOME! I love love love these lyrics, sister :D ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SISSY!!! I'm glad that you like the song! ;)

      Delete

➺Comments are a blogger's dearest treats! Be a darling and leave me one so I know that you stopped by! :)

Romans 5:8 "But think about this: while we were wasting our lives in sin, God revealed His powerful love to us in a tangible display—the Anointed One died for us!"