Thursday, November 28, 2013

In The Night Watches

Tis' the time of day
To lay down again
And rest in the night watches
It is hard to accept Thy forgiveness,
Given in the stillness of dusk

Wilt Thou receive me gladly, O Lord,
Lest I leave this world to night?
If the beat of mine heart
Ceases for ever more?

In Thy presence I sit with knees bowed low,
Will this prayer reach heaven's door,
Up into Thine ear?
Or will it remain here,
In the darkness of the earth,
Because mine heart
Is encrusted in pride?

Whatever be Thy will, Jesus,
I know that Thou hearest me
And that Thou cleanses me in Thy blood
For I rest upon Thy promises
The counsel Thou hast given me to day,
Shall I carry to morrow
And the strength Thou showered on me,
Shall be renewed with the sunrise

I give Thee mine life
As I lay me down to sleep
Keep all Thy children safe in Thine hand
And shelter us
With Thy blanket of love

Now I go in peace
Until the morrow,
Lord willing

For ever in His love,
Amen.

-NoƩmie H.

2 comments:

  1. You are very passionate, sis! And you write so well, too ♥︎ Keep up the good work croquette, I'm sure it won't go unnoticed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noemie! Did you write that?! It is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know you could write like that! Wow! I am absolutely stunned by the way you can makes words flow. It is just beautiful. ♥

    ReplyDelete

➺Comments are a blogger's dearest treats! Be a darling and leave me one so I know that you stopped by! :)

Romans 5:8 "But think about this: while we were wasting our lives in sin, God revealed His powerful love to us in a tangible display—the Anointed One died for us!"